Friday’s Jewelry Loving Links
Is there a celebrity left who doesn’t have a jewelry line? Announced this week:
- Infinite Jewelry, a small company in Utah, has an officially licensed Twilight jewelry collection designed with Stephanie Meyer, including Bella’s engagement ring, above.
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt design a fine jewelry collection for Asprey. They have a thing for snakes, apparently.
- Iman launches “Global Chic,” a costume jewelry line for HSN.
- Alicia Key’s new jewelry line creates beautiful ice crystals with words? (via Coutorture.)
- Kim, Khloe, and Kourtney Kardashian launch a new jewelry collection in February with Virgin Saints & Angels. (Does that qualify as celebrity jewelry?)
- Lindsey Lohan is apparently no Heidi Klum: she’s not launching a new jewelry line with Mouawad, Pascal says.
Other News in Jewelry:
- This just in: a research paper from Human Nature reported in Psychology Today finds that the amount spent on the engagement ring is correlated to income and the “quality” of the mate.
- Devon Fine Jewelry is leaving $25,000 in jewelry in bags around New Jersey. (It’s an anniversary celebration, not a beautification project.) The giveaway is getting lots of press.
- A guy’s guide with ten rules for saving money on the engagement diamond. (Pretty good advice from groom site The Plunge, thanks to Amy Curran, jewelry buyer extraordinaire.)
- The top mistake men make when buying an engagement ring? Band wedding band fit. (via Rose Diamond’s Blog) (Also qualifies as top wedding band mistake?)
- Dog eats engagement ring. After they recovered the ring, they showed the x-ray at the rehearsal dinner, made pup the “honorary ring bearer.”
- Jewelry set with human teeth? If that’s what the tooth fairy was up to, she can have her quarters back.