Friday’s Jewelry-Loving links
Jewelry Trend News
- The statement necklace is shaping up to be the look of the holiday season (via Stylecaster and Pennlive)
- Ready-to-wear designers Thakoon, Alice+Olivia, and Milly have announced new jewelry collections (via FabSugar). Obama favorite Thakoon is teaming up with Japanese jewelry giant Tasaki, so we might see some cool pearls on the first lady!
- Hot designer Solange Azagury-Partridge, featured in the new Sex & the City movie, also has a new short film starring Thandie Newton(and some jewels, of course). (via Elle News Blog). Check out the cool earrings, a great example of the faceted metal trend.
- How much jewelry is too much? Carrie Ann Inaba now knows. (via Firstwater News)
- Million-dollar diamond and platinum shoes by two American companies, Kwiat and Stuart Weitzman, are featured on a stamp. In Spain. ¿Qué?
- Joyería shines at the Latin Grammys (via JewelryInsider)
- Kelly Osborne’s second engagement ring from fiance Luke Worrall is a heart-shaped diamond (via Meotive). Multiple engagement rings? That’s a trend that brides, and their jewelers, would love!
- If real (and I have my doubts), Tara Reid’s huge pink engagement ring is also a trend that jewelers and brides could agree on. But E! Online thinks it’s tacky.
- All over America, couples are dashing for diamonds. Scavenger hunts for $12,000 rings by Sites Jewelers in Clarksville, TN, and Josephs Jewelers in Des Moines, IA.
- Proposal gone wrong: man drops one-carat engagement ring from hot air balloon. (There is a happy ending. She said yes and put a twistie-tie on her finger. They found the ring.)
- Battlestar Galactica inspired cylon rings. What the frak! (via Technabob)
Leave a reply